PRINCE2 ® Training and Certification
Delivered by Certified trainers and industry leading experts, the course uses Moon International’s unique multimedia case studies and accelerated learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and you feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2®.
You will be presented with the official PRINCE2® manual: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®’ on the first day of the course.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not.
- PRINCE2 links with other project/ Programme Management standards.
- How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
- Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2
The Structure of PRINCE2®
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes.
- High level PRINCE2 Process map
- The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued Business Justification / Focus on Products
- Manage-by-Stages / Manage-by-Exception
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities / Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
- The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a Project / Initiating a Project / Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage / Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary / Closing a Project
- The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case / Organization
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Risk / Change / Progress
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
In preparation for your PRINCE2® Foundation exam, you will undertake:
- An explanation of mechanics of the Foundation exam
- Examination techniques
- Mock Foundation questions, using official sample exam papers
- Question and answer session
- Revision of major topics